Jù chēng zǒngtǒng shòudào qiāngjī.
The president is said to have been shot.
Tā de jiǎnghuà shòudào rèliè de huānyíng.
His speech was given a warm reception.
Jìhuà shòudào yúlùn de yālì ér bèi qǔxiāole.
The plan was given up under the pressure of public opinion.
Wǒ hěn gǎnjī wǒ nénggòu lǐng shòudào zhèyàng de rénshēng tǐyàn.
I am thankful to have been given such a life experience.
Huǒ hěn kuài biàn bèi pū xīle, fángzi zhǐ shòudào qīngwéi sǔnhuài.
The fire was quickly extinguished, and the house was only slightly damaged.
Stroke Order & Character Components
受 (shòu): to receive; to accept; to suffer; subjected to; to bear; to stand; pleasant; (passive marker)
- 爫 (zhao): claw
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
到 (dào): to (a place); until (a time); up to; to go; to arrive; (verb complement denoting completion or result of an action)
- 至 (zhì): to reach
- 刂 (dāo): knife
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 受
- 接受 (jiē shòu): to accept; to receive
- 难受 (nán shòu): to feel unwell; to suffer pain; to be difficult to bear
- 受不了 (shòu bù liǎo): unbearable; unable to endure; can’t stand
- 受到 (shòu dào): to suffer; obtained; given; to receive
- 承受 (chéng shòu): to bear; to support; to inherit
- 感受 (gǎn shòu): to sense; perception; to feel (through the senses); a feeling; an impression; an experience
- 受伤 (shòu shāng): to sustain injuries; wounded (in an accident, etc.); harmed
- 享受 (xiǎng shòu): to enjoy; to live it up; pleasure; CL: 种(zhǒng)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 到
- 到(dào): to (a place); until (a time); up to; to go; to arrive
- 到处(dào chù): in all places; everywhere
- 到底(dào dǐ): finally; in the end; when all is said and done; after all; to the end; to the last
- 受到(shòu dào): to suffer; obtained; given; to receive
- 报到(bào dào): to check in; to report for duty; to register
- 达到(dá dào): to reach; to achieve; to attain
- 到达(dào dá): to reach; to arrive
- 周到(zhōu dao): thoughtful; considerate; attentive; thorough