Wǒmen zhǐhǎo fàngqì qìchē.
We’ll have to dispense with a car.
Zhè jiàn shì zhǐhǎo zuòbàle.
The matter will have to be dropped.
Nǐ zhǐhǎo yǐnfú jǐ gè xīngqí.
You’d better lie low for a few weeks.
Wǒmen zhǐhǎo děng děng kàn, xiànzài wúnéngwéilì.
We shall just have to wait and see; there’s nothing we can do at the moment.
Yù yǒu jí yòngshí, wǒmen zhǐhǎo dòngyòng jīxù.
If push comes to shove, we shall have to use our savings.
Stroke Order & Character Components
只 (zhǐ): only; merely; just; but
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
好 (hǎo): good; well; proper; good to; easy to; very; so; (suffix indicating completion or readiness); (of an unmarried couple) to be close; to be keen on each other
- 女 (nǚ): woman
- 子 (zi): child
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 好
- 好 (hǎo): good; well; proper; good to; easy to; very; so; (suffix indicating completion or readiness)
- 好吃(hǎo chī): tasty; delicious
- 爱好(ài hào): interest; hobby; appetite for; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 好处(hǎo chu): benefit; advantage; gain; profit; also pronounced hǎo chù; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 好像(hǎo xiàng): as if; to seem like
- 友好(yǒu hǎo): friendly; amicable
- 正好(zhèng hǎo): just (in time); just right; just enough; to happen to; to chance to; by chance; it just so happens that
- 只好(zhǐ hǎo): without any better option; to have to; to be forced to
- 最好(zuì hǎo): best; (you) had better (do what we suggest)
- 好客(hào kè): hospitality; to treat guests well; to enjoy having guests; hospitable; friendly
- 好奇(hào qí): inquisitive; curious
- 良好(liáng hǎo): good; favorable; well; fine
- 恰到好处(qià dào hǎo chù): it’s just perfect; it’s just right
- 讨好(tǎo hǎo): to get the desired outcome; to win favor by fawning on somebody; to curry favor with; a fruitful outcome to reward one’s labor
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word