Nǐ zhǐyào wèn jiù hǎole.
You have only to ask for it.
Nín zhǐyào zhōng hào jiù gòule.
You only need a medium size.
Zhǐyào nǐ kāixīn jiùxíngle.
I don’t care as long as you’re happy.
Zhǐyào méiyǒu ròu, dōu kěyǐ.
As long as there’s no meat, anything is fine.
Zhǐyào yǔ yī tíng wǒmen jiù zǒu.
Let’s go as soon as it stops raining.
Nǐ zhǐyào nǔlì jiù kěyǐle.
You only have to try hard.
Stroke Order & Character Components
只 (zhǐ): only; merely; just; but
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
要 (yào): to demand; to request; to coerce
- 覀 (xī): lid
- 女 (nǚ): woman
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 要
- 要(yào): to want; will; going to (as future auxiliary); important; vital; may; must
- 需要(xū yào): to need; to want; to demand; needs; to require
- 要求(yāo qiú): to request; to require; to stake a claim; to ask; to demand; CL: 点(diǎn)
- 重要(zhòng yào): important; significant; major
- 主要(zhǔ yào): main; principal; major; primary
- 必要(bì yào): necessary; essential; indispensable; required
- 不要紧(bú yào jǐn): unimportant; not serious; it doesn’t matter; never mind; it looks all right; but
- 次要(cì yào): secondary
- 要不(yào bù): otherwise; or; or else; how about…? (one choice or the other); either this, or else…
- 纪要(jì yào): minutes; written summary of a meeting
- 简要(jiǎn yào): concise; brief
- 首要(shǒu yào): the most important; of chief importance
- 要点(yào diǎn): main point; essential
- 要命(yào mìng): to cause somebody’s death; very; extremely; frightening; annoying
- 要素(yào sù): essential factor; key constituent
- 摘要(zhāi yào): summary; abstract
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word