Rénkǒu wěndìng dì zēngjiā.
There was a steady increase in population.
Wǒmen yùliào xūqiú kěnéng zēngjiā.
We anticipate that demand is likely to increase.
Wǒmen yào lìqiú zēngjiā chūkǒu huòwù.
We must aim to increase exports.
Huìsuǒ juédìng zēngjiā bàokān dìngyuè fēnshù.
The club has decided to increase subscriptions.
Suízhe jìnkǒu de zēngjiā, xūqiú yǐjīng jiǎnshǎo.
Demand has been brought down by increase in imports.
Shēngchǎn chéngběn de zēngjiā bìdìng shǐ jiàgé shàngzhǎng.
Any increase in production costs is bound to send up prices.
Stroke Order & Character Components
增 (zēng): to increase; to expand; to add
- 土 (tǔ): earth
- 曾 (céng): once; already; ever (in the past); former; previously; (past tense marker used before verb or clause)
加 (jiā): to add; plus; (used after an adverb such as 不, 大, 稍, etc., and before a disyllabic verb, to indicate that the action of the verb is applied to something or somebody previously mentioned); to apply (restrictions, etc.) to (somebody); to give (support, consideration, etc.) to (something)
- 力 (lì): force
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 加
- 参加(cān jiā): to participate; to take part; to join
- 加工(jiā gōng): to process; processing; working (of machinery)
- 加剧(jiā jù): to intensify; to sharpen; to accelerate; to aggravate; to exacerbate; to embitter
- 施加(shī jiā): to exert (effort or pressure)
- 雪上加霜(xuě shàng jiā shuāng): to add hail to snow (idiom); one disaster on top of another; to make things worse in a bad situation