大使馆 (dà shǐ guǎn) English Meaning
Traditional Characters: 大使館
大 forms words in:
使 forms words in:
馆 forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Rìběn dàshǐ guǎn zài nǎlǐ?
Where is the Japanese Embassy?
Èluósī dàshǐ guǎn zài nǎ’er?
Where is the Russian embassy?
Kǒngbù fèn zi zhànlǐngle dàshǐ guǎn.
Terrorists seized the Embassy.
Tā yǒu quán chūrù měiguó dàshǐ guǎn.
He has access to the American Embassy.
Dàshǐ guǎn jiù zài zuìgāo fǎyuàn pángbiān.
The embassy is located next to the Supreme Court.
Gāi lǐngshìguǎn yǐ shēnggé wéi dàshǐ guǎn.
The consulate was upgraded to embassy status.
Stroke Order & Character Components
大 (dà): big; huge; large; major; great; wide; deep; older (than); oldest; eldest; greatly; very much; (dialect) father; father's elder or younger brother
- 大 (dà): big
使 (shǐ): to make; to cause; to enable; to use; to employ; to send; to instruct sb to do sth; envoy; messenger
- 亻 (rén): man
- 吏 (lì): minor government official or functionary (old)
馆 (guǎn): building; shop; term for certain service establishments; embassy or consulate; schoolroom (old); CL:家(jiā)
- 饣 (shí): to eat
- 官 (guān): official; government; organ of body; CL:個|个(gè)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 大
- 大 (dà): big; huge; large; major; great; wide; deep; oldest; eldest
- 大家 (dà jiā): everyone
- 大方 (dà fāng): generous; tasteful; stylish; easy-mannered
- 大厦 (dà shà): large building; edifice; mansion; CL: 座(zuò)
- 大象 (dà xiàng): elephant; CL: 只 (zhī)
- 大型 (dà xíng): large scale; wide scale; broad scale
- 广大 (guǎng dà): (of an area) vast or extensive; large-scale; widespread; (of people) numerous
- 巨大 (jù dà): huge; immense; very large; tremendous; gigantic; enormous
- 扩大 (kuò dà): to expand; to enlarge; to broaden one’s scope
- 伟大 (wěi dà): huge; great; mighty; large
- 重大 (zhòng dà): important; great; major; significant
- 博大精深 (bó dà jīng shēn): wide-ranging and profound; broad and deep
- 大不了 (dà bù liǎo): at worst; if worst comes to worst; serious; alarming
- 大臣 (dà chén): minister (of a monarchy)
- 大伙儿 (dà huǒ r): everybody; everyone; we all
- 大肆 (dà sì): wantonly; without restraint (of enemy or malefactor); unbridled
- 大体 (dà tǐ): in general; more or less; in rough terms; basically; on the whole
- 大意 (dà yì): general idea; main idea
- 大致 (dà zhì): more or less; roughly; approximately
- 放大 (fàng dà): to enlarge; to magnify
- 恍然大悟 (huǎng rán dà wù): to suddenly realize; to suddenly see the light
- 庞大 (páng dà): huge; enormous; tremendous
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 使
- 大使馆 (dà shǐ guǎn): embassy; CL: 座(zuò), 個|个(gè)
- 即使 (jí shǐ): even if; even though; given that
- 使 (shǐ): to cause; to enable; to use; to employ; to make; to send; to instruct somebody to do something; envoy; messenger
- 使用 (shǐ yòng): to use; to employ; to apply; to make use of
- 促使 (cù shǐ): to induce; to promote; to urge; to impel; to bring about; to provoke; to drive (somebody to do something); to catalyze; to actuate; to contribute to (some development)
- 使劲儿 (shǐ jìn r): to exert all one’s strength
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word