Nǐ huì shībài.
You will fail.
Shībài de zérèn zài tā.
He is to blame for the failure.
Tā yīn shībài ér liúlèi.
He wept in defeat.
Zhè zhǒng rén zhùdìng shībài.
Such a man is bound to fail.
Shībài shì chénggōng zhī mǔ.
Failure is the mother of success.
Wǒ dānxīn tā huì shībài.
I am afraid he will fail.
Stroke Order & Character Components
失 (shī): to lose; to miss; to fail
- 大 (dà): big
- 丿 (piě): oblique
败 (bài): to defeat; to damage; to lose (to an opponent); to fail; to wither
- 贝 (bèi): shell / money
- 攵 (suī): to bump / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 失
- 失败 (shī bài): to be defeated; to lose; to fail (e.g. experiments); failure; defeat; CL: 次(cì)
- 失望 (shī wàng): disappointed; to lose hope; to despair
- 失眠 (shī mián): (suffer from) insomnia
- 失去 (shī qù): to lose
- 失业 (shī yè): unemployment
- 损失 (sǔn shī): loss; damage; CL: 個|个(gè); to lose; to damage
- 消失 (xiāo shī): to disappear; to fade away
- 得不偿失 (dé bù cháng shī): (saying) the gains do not make up for the losses
- 过失 (guò shī): defect; fault
- 丧失 (sàng shī): to lose; to forfeit
- 失事 (shī shì): to have an accident (plane crash, shipwreck, vehicle collision, etc.); to mess things up
- 失误 (shī wù): lapse; mistake; to make a mistake; fault; service fault (in volleyball, tennis, etc.)
- 失踪 (shī zōng): missing; lost; unaccounted for
- 遗失 (yí shī): to lose; lost
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word