Hǎoxiàng yào xià yǔle.
It looks like it is going to rain.
Jīntiān yě hǎoxiàng huì xià yǔ.
It looks as if it’ll rain today, too.
Tā kàn qǐlái hǎoxiàng hē zuìle.
She looked as if she were drunk.
Tā hǎoxiàng zhīdào zhège mìmì.
It seems to knows the secret.
Tāmen kàn qǐlái hǎoxiàng yào kūle.
They looked as if they were about to cry.
Hǎoxiàng tā yǐ chūqù hǎo jǐ tiānle.
It looks as if she’s gone away for a few days.
Stroke Order & Character Components
好 (hǎo): good; well; proper; good to; easy to; very; so; (suffix indicating completion or readiness); (of an unmarried couple) to be close; to be keen on each other
- 女 (nǚ): woman
- 子 (zi): child
像 (xiàng): to resemble; to be like; to look as if; such as; appearance; image; portrait; image under a mapping (math.)
- 亻 (rén): man
- 象 (xiàng): elephant; CL: 隻|只(zhī); shape; form; appearance; to imitate
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 好
- 好 (hǎo): good; well; proper; good to; easy to; very; so; (suffix indicating completion or readiness)
- 好吃(hǎo chī): tasty; delicious
- 爱好(ài hào): interest; hobby; appetite for; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 好处(hǎo chu): benefit; advantage; gain; profit; also pronounced hǎo chù; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 好像(hǎo xiàng): as if; to seem like
- 友好(yǒu hǎo): friendly; amicable
- 正好(zhèng hǎo): just (in time); just right; just enough; to happen to; to chance to; by chance; it just so happens that
- 只好(zhǐ hǎo): without any better option; to have to; to be forced to
- 最好(zuì hǎo): best; (you) had better (do what we suggest)
- 好客(hào kè): hospitality; to treat guests well; to enjoy having guests; hospitable; friendly
- 好奇(hào qí): inquisitive; curious
- 良好(liáng hǎo): good; favorable; well; fine
- 恰到好处(qià dào hǎo chù): it’s just perfect; it’s just right
- 讨好(tǎo hǎo): to get the desired outcome; to win favor by fawning on somebody; to curry favor with; a fruitful outcome to reward one’s labor
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word