尽管 (jǐn guǎn) English Meaning
- even though
- in spite of
- do not hesitate (to ask, complain, etc.)
- (go ahead and do it) without hesitating
Traditional Characters: 儘管
尽 forms words in:
管 forms words in:
Jǐnguǎn xiàzhe yǔ, wǒ háishì chūle mén.
I went out in spite of the rain.
Tā jǐnguǎn yǒu bìng, háishì kěyǐ shàngkè.
He was able to attend a classes despite his illness.
Jǐnguǎn hěn máng, tā háishì lái sòng wǒle.
Though very busy, she came to see me off.
Jǐnguǎn xiàzhe yǔ, tā háishì chūqùle.
He went out in spite of the rain.
Jǐnguǎn tā hěn fùyǒu, tā háishì bù mǎnzú.
Rich as he is, he’s not satisfied.
Jǐnguǎn tā hěn shòu, tā de xiāohuà nénglì tǐng hǎo.
Although he is thin, he has good digestion.
Stroke Order & Character Components
尽 (jǐn): (jìn) to use up; to exhaust; to end; to finish; to the utmost; exhausted; finished; to the limit (of something); (jǐn) to the greatest extent; (when used before a noun of location) furthest or extreme; to be within the limits of; to give priority to
- 尺 (chǐ): a Chinese foot; one-third of a meter; a ruler; a tape-measure; one of the three acupoints for measuring pulse in Chinese medicine; CL: 支(zhī), 把(bǎ)
- 冫 (bīng): ice
管 (guǎn): to take care (of); to control; to manage; to be in charge of; to look after; to run; to care about; tube; pipe; woodwind; classifier for tube-shaped objects; particle similar to 把(bǎ) in 管...叫 constructions; writing brush; (coll.) to; towards
- ⺮ (shì): bamboo
- 官 (guān): official; government; organ of body; CL: 個|個|个(gè)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 尽
- 尽管 (jǐn guǎn): despite; although; even though; in spite of; unhesitatingly; do not hesitate (to ask, complain etc); (go ahead and do it) without hesitating
- 尽快 (jǐn kuài): as quickly as possible; as soon as possible; with all speed
- 尽力 (jìn lì): to strive one’s hardest; to spare no effort
- 尽量 (jìn liàng): as much as possible; to the greatest extent
- 竭尽全力 (jié jìn quán lì): to spare no effort (idiom); to do one’s utmost
- 苦尽甘来 (kǔ jìn gān lái): bitterness finishes, sweetness begins (idiom); the hard times are over, the good times just beginning
- 无穷无尽 (wú qióng wú jìn): vast and limitless (idiom); endless span of time; no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 管
- 不管 (bù guǎn): no matter (what, how); regardless of; no matter
- 管理 (guǎn lǐ): to supervise; to manage; to administer; management; administration; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 尽管 (jǐn guǎn): despite; although; even though; in spite of; unhesitatingly; do not hesitate (to ask, complain, etc.); (go ahead and do it) without hesitating
- 管子 (guǎn zǐ): tube; pipe; drinking straw; CL: 根(gēn)
- 保管 (bǎo guǎn): to assure; to guarantee; to take care of; to safeguard; certainly; surely
- 管辖 (guǎn xiá): to administer; to have jurisdiction (over)
- 主管 (zhǔ guǎn): in charge; responsible for
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word