巧克力 (qiǎo kè lì) English Meaning
- chocolate (loanword)
Traditional Characters: 巧克力
巧 forms words in:
克 forms words in:
力 forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Ān xǐhuān qiǎokèlì.
Ann loves chocolate.
Wǒ xǐhuān qiǎokèlì.
I like chocolate.
Shéi yào rè qiǎokèlì?
Who wants hot chocolate?
Tā yě xǐhuān qiǎokèlì.
She loves chocolate too.
Lín dá xǐhuān qiǎokèlì.
Linda loves chocolate.
Wǒ bù xǐhuān qiǎokèlì.
I don’t like chocolate.
Stroke Order & Character Components
巧 (qiǎo): opportunely; coincidentally; as it happens; skillful; timely
- 工 (gōng): work
- 丂 (kǎo): breath’ or ‘sigh’ component in Chinese characters
克 (kè): (kè) to be able to; to subdue; to restrain; to overcome; gram; Tibetan unit of land area, about 6 acres; Ke (c. 2000 BC), seventh of the legendary Flame Emperors, 炎帝(Yán dì) descended from Shennong 神农(Shén nóng) Farmer God; (kēi) to scold; to beat
- 古 (gǔ): ancient; old; paleo-
- 儿 (er): child
力 (lì): power; force; strength; ability; strenuously
- 力 (lì): force
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 克
- 巧克力 (qiǎo kè lì): chocolate (loanword); CL: 块(kuài)
- 克 (kè): to be able to; to subdue; to restrain; to overcome; gram
- 克服 (kè fú): (try to) overcome (hardships, etc.); to conquer; to put up with; to endure
- 麦克风 (mài kè fēng): microphone (loanword)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 力
- 努力(nǔlì): great effort; to strive; to try hard
- 力气(lì qi): strength; CL: 把(bǎ)
- 能力(néng lì): capability; capable; able; ability; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 巧克力(qiǎo kè lì): chocolate (loanword); CL: 块(kuài)
- 压力(yā lì): pressure
- 尽力(jìn lì): to strive one’s hardest; to spare no effort
- 精力(jīng lì): energy
- 力量(lì liang): power; force; strength
- 魅力(mèi lì): charm; fascination; glamor; charisma
- 权力(quán lì): authority; power
- 暴力(bào lì): violence; (use) force; violent
- 吃力(chī lì): entail strenuous effort; be a strain
- 得力(dé lì): able; capable; competent; efficient
- 动力(dòng lì): power; motion; propulsion; force
- 活力(huó lì): energy; vitality; vigor; vital force
- 竭尽全力(jié jìn quán lì): to spare no effort (idiom); to do one’s utmost
- 力求(lì qiú): to make every effort to; striving to do one’s best
- 力所能及(lì suǒnéng jí): as far as one’s capabilities extend (idiom); to the best of one’s ability; within one’s powers
- 力争(lì zhēng): to work hard for; to do all one can; to contend strongly
- 魄力(pò lì): courage; daring; boldness; resolution; drive
- 齐心协力(qí xīn xié lì): to work with a common purpose (idiom); to make concerted efforts; to pull together; to work as one
- 潜力(qián lì): potential; capacity
- 全力以赴(quán lì yǐfù): do at all costs; make an all-out effort
- 实力(shí lì): strength
- 势力(shì li): power; (ability to) influence
- 视力(shì lì): vision; eyesight
- 威力(wēi lì): might; formidable power
- 无能为力(wú néng wéi lì): impotent (idiom); powerless; helpless
- 毅力(yì lì): perseverance; willpower
- 智力(zhì lì): intelligence; intellect
- 致力(zhì lì): to work for; to devote one’s efforts to
- 自力更生(zì lì gēng shēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word