底 (dǐ) English Meaning
- the end of a period of time
- towards the end of (last month)
Traditional Character: 底
This character forms words in:
Zhāzǐ dōu chén dào píng dǐle.
The dregs have settled at the bottom of the bottle.
Guǒdòng guǒdòng, yóu míngjiāo zhì chéng, zuòwéi diǎnxīn huò sèlā dǐ shǐyòng.
It is a jelly made with gelatin, used as a dessert or salad base.
sīdìfēn bù yuàn jiàn tā de jiějiě, biàn lìjí cǎiqǔ guībì dòngzuò, cáng dào chuáng dǐxia qùle.
Stephen, unwilling to see his sister, immediately took evasive action and hid under the bed.
Rúguǒ wǒmen zhē zhù dǐ biān jiǎo shàng de shùcóng, zhè zhāng zhàopiàn huì jǐ rén yǐ gèng hǎo de pínghéng gǎn.
If we cover the bushes in the bottom corner, the photograph will have a better sense of balance.
nà zhǒng qiǎn dǐ xiǎochuán jiào xiǎozhōu.
That kind of shallow-bottomed boat is called a canoe.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 广 (guǎng): shelter
- 氐 (dī): name of an ancient tribe
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 底
- 到底 (dào dǐ): finally; in the end; when all is said and done; after all; to the end; to the last
- 底 (dǐ): background; bottom; base; the end of a period of time; towards the end of (last month)
HSK 5 Word List
- 彻底 (chè dǐ): thorough; thoroughly; complete
HSK 6 Word List
- 归根到底 (guī gēn dào dǐ): (saying) to sum it up…