Bǎolěi wǎngwǎng dài yǒu tǎlóu.
A fortress often has turrets.
Wēndùjì wǎngwǎng dī yú língdù.
Thermometers often go below zero.
Shìgù wǎngwǎng qǐyīn yú cūxīn.
Accidents often arise from carelessness.
Xiǎoxuéshēng wǎngwǎng hěn qīnpèi lǎoshī.
Schoolchildren often get crushes on teachers.
Mùcái cháoshī hòu wǎngwǎng huì péngzhàng.
Wood often swells when wet.
Qiānxùn wǎngwǎng bǐ jiāo’ào shòuyì gèng duō.
Humility often benefits more than pride.
Stroke Order & Character Components
往 (wǎng): to go (in a direction); to; towards; (of a train) bound for; past; previous
- 彳 (chì): walk around
- 主 (zhǔ): owner; master; host; individual or party concerned; God; Lord; main; to indicate or signify; trump card (in card games)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 往
- 往(wǎng): to go (in a direction); to; towards; (of a train) bound for; past; previous
- 往往(wǎng wǎng): often; frequently
- 交往(jiāo wǎng): to associate; to contact; association; contact
- 往返(wǎng fǎn): to go back and forth; to go to and fro
- 礼尚往来(lǐshàng wǎng lái): proper behavior is based on reciprocity (idiom); fig. to return politeness for politeness;
- 往常(wǎng cháng): habitually in the past; as one used to do formerly; as it used to be
- 往事(wǎng shì): past events; former happenings
- 向往(xiàng wǎng): to yearn for; to look forward to
- 一如既往(yī rú jì wǎng): just as in the past (idiom); as before; continuing as always
- 以往(yǐwǎng): in the past; formerly
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word