Rénshēng yǒu déyì shí yěyǒu shīyì shí.
Life is full of ups and downs.
Tā duì zìjǐ mùqián de jìngyù pǒ wéi déyì.
He is quite content with his present situation.
Tā zhōngyú huòdéle jiàshǐ zhízhào, zhè shǐ tā pǒ wéi déyì.
He is at last the proud possessor of a driving-licence.
Nà nánhái gěi wǒ kàn tā de zhǎnxīn zúqiú xuē zǐ shí déyì jíle.
The boy was on cloud nine when he showed me his new football shoes.
Fánrén jiē yǒu déyì shí.
Every dog has his day.
Hǎishī sìhū duì zhǎn chū hěn déyì.
The sea lion seems to enjoy showing off.
Stroke Order & Character Components
得 (dé): to obtain; to get; to gain; to catch (a disease); proper; suitable; proud; contented; to allow; to permit; ready; finished
- 彳 (chì): walk around
- 旦 (dàn): dawn; morning; day-break; day
- 寸 (cùn): thumb
意 (yì): idea; meaning; thought; to think; wish; desire; intention; to expect; to anticipate; Italy; Italian; abbreviation for 意大利(Yìdàlì)
- 音 (yīn): sound
- 心 (xīn): heart
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 觉
- 睡觉(shuì jiào): to go to bed; to go to sleep
- 觉得(jué de): to think; to feel
- 感觉(gǎn jué): to feel; to become aware of; feeling; sense; perception; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 自觉(zì jué): conscious; aware; on one’s own initiative; conscientious
- 发觉(fā jué): to find; to detect; to discover
- 觉悟(jué wù): consciousness; awareness; Buddhist enlightenment (Sanskrit: cittotpāda)
- 觉醒(jué xǐng): to awaken; to come to realize; awakened to the truth; the truth dawns upon one; scales fall from the eyes; to become aware
- 嗅觉(xiù jué): sense of smell
- 知觉(zhī jué): perception; consciousness
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 意
- 意思(yì si): idea; opinion; meaning; wish; desire; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 满意(mǎn yì): satisfied; pleased; to one’s satisfaction
- 同意(tóng yì): to agree; to consent; to approve
- 愿意(yuàn yì): to wish; to want; ready; willing (to do something)
- 注意(zhù yì): to take note of; to pay attention to
- 得意(dé yì): proud of oneself; pleased with oneself; complacent
- 故意(gù yì): deliberately; on purpose
- 生意(shēng yì): life force; vitality;
- 意见(yì jiàn): opinion; suggestion; idea; objection; complaint; CL: 点(diǎn), 条(tiáo)
- 主意(zhǔyi): plan; idea; decision; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 称心如意(chèn xīn rú yì): after one’s heart (idiom); gratifying and satisfactory; everything one could wish
- 大意(dà yì): general idea; main idea
- 乐意(lè yì): to be willing to do something; to be ready to do something; to be happy to do something; content; satisfied
- 任意(rèn yì): arbitrary; at will; at random
- 示意(shì yì): to hint; to indicate (an idea to somebody)
- 随意(suí yì): as one wishes; according to one’s wishes; at will; voluntary; conscious
- 特意(tè yì): specially; intentionally
- 玩意儿(wán yì r): toy; plaything; thing; act; trick (in a performance, stage show, acrobatics, etc.)
- 意料(yì liào): to anticipate; to expect; to reckon ahead
- 意识(yì shí): consciousness; awareness; consciously (i.e. deliberately); to be aware
- 意图(yì tú): intent; intention; intend; schematic diagram
- 意味着(yì wèi zhe): to signify; to mean; to imply
- 意向(yì xiàng): disposition
- 意志(yì zhì): will; willpower; determination; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 在意(zài yì): to care about; to mind
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word