Fángdōng zhèngzài bī tā bānjiā.
The landlord’s putting the screws on to get her out of the house.
Wǒ de fángdōng ràng wǒ yuèdǐ bān zǒu.
My landlord is turning me out at the end of the month.
Wǒmen de lǜshī quàngào bùyào qǐsù fángdōng.
Our lawyer advised against suing the landlord.
Wǒ de liùshí suì de fángdōng wèishéme mǎile yīgè bèngchuáng?
Why did my sixty-year-old landlord buy a trampoline?
Wǒ de fángdōng yāoxié shuō yào bǎ měi zhōu zūjīn tígāo 10 yīngbàng.
My landlord threatened to raise my weekly rent by 10 GBP.
Jīng quànshuō, tāmen qiānshǔle fàngqì xiàng fángdōng suǒpéi de quánlì.
They were persuaded to sign waivers of their right to claim compensation from the landlord.
Stroke Order & Character Components
房 (fáng): house; room; CL: 間|间(jiān); branch of an extended family; classifier for family members (or concubines)
- 戶 (hù): gate
- 方 (fāng): square, direction
东 (dōng): east; host (i.e. sitting on east side of guest); landlord
- 一 (yī): one
- 丿 (piě): oblique
- 朩 (děng): simplified tree
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 东
- 东西 (dōng xi): thing; stuff; person; CL: 個|个 (gè), 件 (jiàn)
- 东 (dōng): east; host (i.e. sitting on the east side of guest); landlord; surname Dong
- 房东 (fáng dōng): landlord
- 东道主 (dōng dào zhǔ): a host; official host (e.g. venue for games or a conference)
- 东张西望 (dōng zhāng xī wàng): to look in all directions (idiom); to glance around
- 股东 (gǔ dōng): shareholder; stockholder
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word