Tā tǎoyàn dǎbàn zìjǐ.
She hated being dressed
Tā dǎbàn dé huāzhīzhāozhǎn.
She was dressed up fit to kill.
Háizimen dōu xǐhuān huàzhuāng dǎbàn.
Children love dressing up.
Tā dǎbàn tíngdang zhǔnbèi qù cānjiā wǎnhuì.
She dressed up for the party.
Wǒ bùzàihū biérén zěnme kàn wǒ de dǎbàn.
I don’t care what people think about the way I dress.
Stroke Order & Character Components
打 (dǎ): to beat; to strike; to hit; to break; to type; to mix up; to build; to fight; to fetch; to make; to tie up; to issue; to shoot; to calculate; to play (a game); since; from
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 丁 (dīng): fourth of the ten Heavenly Stems 十天干 (shí tiān gān); fourth in order; letter ‘D’ or roman ‘IV’ in list ‘A, B, C’, or ‘I, II, III’ etc; butyl; cubes (of food)
扮 (bàn): to disguise oneself as; to dress up; to play (a role); to put on (an expression)
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 分 (fēn): to divide; to separate; to distribute; to allocate; to distinguish (good and bad); part or subdivision; fraction; one tenth (of certain units); unit of length equivalent to 0.33 cm; minute; a point (in sports or games); 0.01 yuan (unit of money)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 打
- 打电话 (dǎ diàn huà): to make a phone call
- 打篮球 (dǎ lán qiú): play basketball
- 打扮 (dǎ ban): to decorate; to dress; to make up; to adorn; manner of dressing; style of dress
- 打扰 (dǎ rǎo): to disturb; to bother; to trouble
- 打印 (dǎ yìn): to print; to seal; to stamp
- 打招呼 (dǎ zhāo hu): to greet sb by word or action; to give prior notice
- 打折 (dǎ zhé): to give a discount
- 打针 (dǎ zhēn): to give or have an injection
- 打包 (dǎ bāo): to wrap; to pack; to ask for a doggy bag (at a restaurant)
- 打官司 (dǎ guān si): to file a lawsuit; to sue; to dispute
- 打击 (dǎ jī): to hit; to strike; to attack; to crack down on sth; a setback; a blow; percussion (music)
- 打架 (dǎ jià): to fight; to scuffle; to come to blows; CL: 场 (cháng)
- 打量 (dǎ liang): to size sb up; to take measure of; to suppose; to reckon
- 打猎 (dǎ liè): to go hunting
- 打仗 (dǎ zhàng): to fight a battle; to go to war
- 精打细算 (jīng dǎ xì suàn): (saying) meticulous planning and careful accounting
- 殴打 (ōu dǎ): to beat up; to come to blows; battery (law)
- 无精打采 (wú jīng dǎ cǎi): dispirited and downcast (idiom); listless; in low spirits; washed out
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word