Wǒ tǎoyàn dǎzhēn.
I hate injections.
Gěi tā dǎzhēn shí, yòngle sān gè hùshì cái bǎ tā àn zhù.
It took three nurses to hold him down while they gave him the injection.
Wǒ nìngyuàn chī yào, yě bù dǎzhēn.
I would rather take a pill, than get a shot.
Dǎle zhè zhēn, nǐ jiù bù huì nàme tòngle.
This shot will help numb the pain.
Stroke Order & Character Components
打 (dǎ): to beat; to strike; to hit; to break; to type; to mix up; to build; to fight; to fetch; to make; to tie up; to issue; to shoot; to calculate; to play (a game); since; from
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 丁 (dīng): fourth of the ten Heavenly Stems 十天干 (shí tiān gān); fourth in order; letter ‘D’ or roman ‘IV’ in list ‘A, B, C’, or ‘I, II, III’ etc; butyl; cubes (of food)
针 (zhēn): needle; pin; injection; stitch; CL:根(gēn),支(zhī)
- 钅 (jīn): gold / metal
- 十 (shí): ten
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 打
- 打电话 (dǎ diàn huà): to make a phone call
- 打篮球 (dǎ lán qiú): play basketball
- 打扮 (dǎ ban): to decorate; to dress; to make up; to adorn; manner of dressing; style of dress
- 打扰 (dǎ rǎo): to disturb; to bother; to trouble
- 打印 (dǎ yìn): to print; to seal; to stamp
- 打招呼 (dǎ zhāo hu): to greet sb by word or action; to give prior notice
- 打折 (dǎ zhé): to give a discount
- 打针 (dǎ zhēn): to give or have an injection
- 打包 (dǎ bāo): to wrap; to pack; to ask for a doggy bag (at a restaurant)
- 打官司 (dǎ guān si): to file a lawsuit; to sue; to dispute
- 打击 (dǎ jī): to hit; to strike; to attack; to crack down on sth; a setback; a blow; percussion (music)
- 打架 (dǎ jià): to fight; to scuffle; to come to blows; CL: 场 (cháng)
- 打量 (dǎ liang): to size sb up; to take measure of; to suppose; to reckon
- 打猎 (dǎ liè): to go hunting
- 打仗 (dǎ zhàng): to fight a battle; to go to war
- 精打细算 (jīng dǎ xì suàn): (saying) meticulous planning and careful accounting
- 殴打 (ōu dǎ): to beat up; to come to blows; battery (law)
- 无精打采 (wú jīng dǎ cǎi): dispirited and downcast (idiom); listless; in low spirits; washed out
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word