挂 (guà) English Meaning
- to hang or suspend (from a hook, etc.)
- (of a telephone call) to hang up
- to be worried or concerned
- to make a phone call (topolect)
- to register or record
- to hitch
- classifier for sets or clusters of objects
Traditional Character: 掛
This character forms words in:
Mén qián guàzhe yīfú ménlián.
A curtain hangs in front of the door.
Qǐng bǎ nǐ de wàitào guà qǐlái.
Hang up your coat, please.
Qiángbì shàng guàzhe yīgè shízhōng.
There is a clock on the wall.
Qiáng shàng guàzhe jí piàoliang de túhuà.
A very beautiful picture is hanging on the wall.
Tāngmǔ níng gān máojīn guà qǐlái liàng gàn.
Tom wrung out the towel and hung it up to dry.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 圭 (guī): jade tablet
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 挂
- 挂 (guà): to hang or suspend (from a hook etc); (of a telephone call) to hang up; to be worried or concerned; to make a phone call (topolect); to register or record; to hitch; classifier for sets or clusters of objects
HSK 5 Word List
- 挂号 (guà hào): to register (at a hospital); to send by registered mail
HSK 6 Word List
- 悬挂 (xuán guà): to suspend; to hang; suspension (cable car)