Wǒmen jiēshòu zhīpiào.
We accept checks.
Qǐng jiēshòu wǒ de wèiwèn.
Please accept my condolences.
Tā bù jiēshòu wǒ de dàoqiàn.
He did not accept my apology.
Wǒ zhīdào tā huì jiēshòu de.
I knew he would accept.
Tā jùjué jiēshòu zhè bǐ qián.
She refused to accept the money.
Nǐmen bù jiēshòu xìnyòngkǎ?
You don’t accept credit cards?
Stroke Order & Character Components
接 (jiē): to receive; to answer (the phone); to meet or welcome somebody; to connect; to catch; to join; to extend; to take one's turn on duty; to take over for somebody
- 扌(shou): hand
- 妾 (qiè): concubine; I, your servant (deprecatory self-reference for women)
受 (shòu): to receive; to accept; to suffer; subjected to; to bear; to stand; pleasant; (passive marker)
- 爫 (zhao): claw
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 接
- 接(jiē): to receive; to answer (the phone); to meet or welcome somebody; to connect; to catch; to join; to extend; to take one’s turn on duty; take over for somebody
- 接受(jiē shòu): to accept; to receive
- 接着(jiē zhe): to catch and hold on; to continue; to go on to do something; to follow; to carry on; then; after that; subsequently; to proceed; to ensue; in turn; in one’s turn
- 直接(zhí jiē): direct; opposite: indirect 间接; immediate; directly; straightforward
- 接触(jiē chù): to touch; to contact; access; in touch with
- 接待(jiē dài): to receive (a visitor); to admit (allow somebody to enter)
- 接近(jiē jìn): near; close to
- 迎接(yíng jiē): to meet; to welcome; to greet
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 受
- 接受 (jiē shòu): to accept; to receive
- 难受 (nán shòu): to feel unwell; to suffer pain; to be difficult to bear
- 受不了 (shòu bù liǎo): unbearable; unable to endure; can’t stand
- 受到 (shòu dào): to suffer; obtained; given; to receive
- 承受 (chéng shòu): to bear; to support; to inherit
- 感受 (gǎn shòu): to sense; perception; to feel (through the senses); a feeling; an impression; an experience
- 受伤 (shòu shāng): to sustain injuries; wounded (in an accident, etc.); harmed
- 享受 (xiǎng shòu): to enjoy; to live it up; pleasure; CL: 种(zhǒng)