Yóuyú zuìjìn wú chuán, wǒmen tóngyì tuīchí zhuāng qī.
As there is no ship recently, we agree to postpone the shipment date.
Rúguǒ wǒmen tuīchí fābù xīn chǎnpǐn dehuà, wǒmen de cáizhèng zhuàngkuàng réngrán jíjíkěwéi.
Our financial situation will remain precarious if we delay the launch new products.
Máfan de shì tā yǐ cóng āgēntíng nà biān guòláile. Wǒ nányǐ tuīchí hé tā jiànmiàn. Xīwàng nǐ néng lǐjiě.
Trouble is he’s on his way from Argentina, I can’t put off meeting him. Hope you understand.
Yóuyú quēfá jiǎngjīn, wěiyuánhuì bùdé bù línjī yìngbiàn, tuīchí shíshī xiūjiàn yīgè xīn tíngchē chǎng de jìhuà.
The committee had to improvise and delay plans to build a new parking lot because of lack of funds.
Fēijī yīn dà wù tuīchí jiàngluò.
The plane’s landing was delayed because of fog.
Hánlěng de tiānqì shǐ chāyāng tuīchí liǎng gè xīngqí.
The cold weather delayed the transplanting of rice seedlings by two weeks.
Stroke Order & Character Components
推 (tuī): to push; to cut; to refuse; to reject; to decline; to shirk (responsibility); to put off; to delay; to push forward; to nominate; to elect; massage
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 隹 (zhuī): short-tailed bird
迟 (chí): late; delayed; slow;
- 辶 (chuò): brisk walking
- 尺 (chǐ): a Chinese foot; one-third of a meter; a ruler; a tape-measure; one of the three acupoints for measuring pulse in Chinese medicine; CL: 支(zhī), 把(bǎ)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 推
- 推 (tuī): to push; to cut; to refuse; to reject; to decline; to shirk (responsibility); to put off; to delay; to push forward; to nominate; to elect
- 推迟 (tuī chí): to postpone; to put off; to defer
- 推辞 (tuī cí): to decline (an appointment, invitation, etc.)
- 推广 (tuī guǎng): to extend; to spread; to popularize; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 推荐 (tuī jiàn): to recommend; recommendation
- 推测 (tuī cè): speculation; to conjecture; to surmise; to speculate
- 推翻 (tuī fān): overthrow
- 推理 (tuī lǐ): reasoning; speculative; inference
- 推论 (tuī lùn): to infer; a deduction; a corollary; a reasoned conclusion
- 推销 (tuī xiāo): to market; to sell
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word