推 (tuī) English Meaning
- to push
- to cut
- to refuse
- to reject
- to decline
- to shirk (responsibility)
- to put off
- to delay
- to push forward
- to nominate
- to elect
Traditional Character: 推
This character forms words in:
Qiáng dǎo zhòngrén tuī.
When a man is going down-hill, everyone will give him a push.
Tā tuīchí dào xīngqíliù qǐchéng.
He put off his departure till Saturday.
Huìyì jiāng tuīchí dào xià gè xīngqí.
The meeting will be put off to next week.
Nǐ lái zhǎng fāngxiàngpán, wǒ lái tuī.
You steer and I’ll push.
Jùhuì yǐjīng tuīchí dàole xià zhōu’èr.
The party has been put off until next Tuesday.
Tā tuīchíle qù mòxīgē de xíngchéng.
She put off going to Mexico.
Stroke Order & Character Components
推 (tuī): to push; to cut; to refuse; to reject; to decline; to shirk (responsibility); to put off; to delay; to push forward; to nominate; to elect
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 隹 (zhuī): short-tailed bird
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 推
- 推 (tuī): to push; to cut; to refuse; to reject; to decline; to shirk (responsibility); to put off; to delay; to push forward; to nominate; to elect
- 推迟 (tuī chí): to postpone; to put off; to defer
- 推辞 (tuī cí): to decline (an appointment, invitation, etc.)
- 推广 (tuī guǎng): to extend; to spread; to popularize; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 推荐 (tuī jiàn): to recommend; recommendation
- 推测 (tuī cè): speculation; to conjecture; to surmise; to speculate
- 推翻 (tuī fān): overthrow
- 推理 (tuī lǐ): reasoning; speculative; inference
- 推论 (tuī lùn): to infer; a deduction; a corollary; a reasoned conclusion
- 推销 (tuī xiāo): to market; to sell
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word