Clean up the room.
Tā de zérènshì shōushí zhège làntānzi.
His responsibility is to clean up the mess.
Qǐng bǎ nàxiē bēizi hé diézi shōushí hǎo.
Please pick up those cups and saucers.
Chūmén qián nǐ yīnggāi bǎ fángjiān shōushí zhěngqí.
You should straighten up your room before going out.
Zánmen nǔlì shōushí zhège hǔnluàn de júmiàn ba.
Let’s try to straighten out this confusion.
Shéi zìyuàn lái bāngmáng shōushí yīxià zhèxiē pánzi?
Can I have a volunteer to wash the dishes?
Stroke Order & Character Components
收 (shōu): to receive; to accept; to collect; to put away; to restrain; to stop; in care of (used on address line after name)
- 丩 (jiū): archaic variant of 糾|纠(jiū)
- 攵 (suī): to bump / hand
拾 (shí): to pick up; to collate or arrange; ten (banker's anti-fraud numeral)
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 合 (hé): to close; to join; to fit; to be equal to; whole; together; round (in battle); conjunction (astronomy); 1st note of pentatonic scale; old variant of 盒(hé)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 收
- 收 (shōu): to receive; to accept; to collect; in care of (used on address line after name)
- 收入 (shōu rù): to take in; income; revenue; CL: 笔(bǐ), 個|个(gè)
- 收拾 (shōu shi): to put in order; to tidy up; to pack; to repair; to punish (colloquial); to manage
- 收获 (shōu huò): harvest; results; gains
- 收据 (shōu jù): receipt; CL: 张(zhāng)
- 吸收 (xī shōu): to absorb; to assimilate; to ingest
- 丰收 (fēng shōu): bumper harvest
- 回收 (huí shōu): to recycle; to reclaim; to retrieve; to recover
- 收藏 (shōu cáng): to hoard; to collect; collection
- 收缩 (shōu suō): to pull back; to shrink; to contract
- 收益 (shōu yì): earnings; profit
- 收音机 (shōu yīn jī): radio; CL: 台(tái)
- 验收 (yàn shōu): to check on receipt; an inventory of received goods; to verify and accept (a delivery)
- 招收 (zhāo shōu): to hire; to recruit
- 征收 (zhēng shōu): to levy (a fine); to impose (a tariff)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word