收 (shōu) English Meaning
- to receive
- to accept
- to collect
- in care of (used on address line after name)
Traditional Character: 收
This character forms words in:
Tā yǐjīng shōu dàole yī dàpī xìnjiàn.
He has received a swarm of letters.
Wǎncān chī shèng de dōngxī bèi shōu qùle.
The leftovers from dinner were taken away.
Zhège shāngrén shōu dàole yī chuán cháyè.
The merchant received a shipment of tea.
Dōngtiān tā bǎ zhédié tǎngyǐ shōule qǐlái.
She put away the deck-chairs for the winter.
Zhè fú huà zài tā de shōucáng pǐn zhōng zuìwéi zhēnguì.
The painting is the most valuable in his collection.
Shōu dào cǐ yóujiàn hòu qǐng jǐnkuài gěi wǒ dáfù.
Please reply as soon as you receive this email.
Stroke Order & Character Components
收 (shōu): to receive; to accept; to collect; in care of (used on address line after name)
- 丩 (jiū): archaic variant of 糾|纠(jiū)
- 攵 (suī): to bump / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 收
- 收 (shōu): to receive; to accept; to collect; in care of (used on address line after name)
- 收入 (shōu rù): to take in; income; revenue; CL: 笔(bǐ), 個|个(gè)
- 收拾 (shōu shi): to put in order; to tidy up; to pack; to repair; to punish (colloquial); to manage
- 收获 (shōu huò): harvest; results; gains
- 收据 (shōu jù): receipt; CL: 张(zhāng)
- 吸收 (xī shōu): to absorb; to assimilate; to ingest
- 丰收 (fēng shōu): bumper harvest
- 回收 (huí shōu): to recycle; to reclaim; to retrieve; to recover
- 收藏 (shōu cáng): to hoard; to collect; collection
- 收缩 (shōu suō): to pull back; to shrink; to contract
- 收益 (shōu yì): earnings; profit
- 收音机 (shōu yīn jī): radio; CL: 台(tái)
- 验收 (yàn shōu): to check on receipt; an inventory of received goods; to verify and accept (a delivery)
- 招收 (zhāo shōu): to hire; to recruit
- 征收 (zhēng shōu): to levy (a fine); to impose (a tariff)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word