Give it up.
Don’t give up.
Jué bù fàngqì.
Never give up!
Tāmen bìng méiyǒu fàngqì.
They haven’t given up at all.
Tā bùdé bù fàngqì mèngxiǎng.
She had to give up her dream.
Wǒmen bìxū fàngqì zhège jìhuà.
We have to abandon the plan.
Stroke Order & Character Components
放 (fàng): to release; to free; to let go; to put; to place; to let out; to set off (fireworks)
- 方 (fāng): square, direction
- 攵 (suī): to bump / hand
弃 (qì): to abandon; to relinquish; to discard; to throw away
- 亠 (tóu): shelter, head
- 厶 (sī): secret
- 廾 (gǒng): two hands
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 放
- 放(fàng): to release; to free; to let go; to put; to place; to let out; to set off (fireworks)
- 放心(fàng xīn): to set one’s mind at rest; to be at ease; to rest
- 放弃(fàng qì): to renounce; to abandon; to give up
- 放暑假(fàng shǔjià): take summer vacation
- 放松(fàng sōng): to loosen; to relax
HSK 5 Word List
- 播放(bō fàng): to broadcast; to transmit
- 开放(kāi fàng): to lift (a ban or restriction); to open to the outside world (politics); to open for public use; to come into bloom (of flowers)
HSK 6 Word List
- 放大(fàng dà): to enlarge; to magnify
- 放射(fàng shè): to radiate; radioactive
- 解放(jiě fàng): to liberate; to emancipate; liberation; refers to the Communists’ victory over the Nationalists in 1949; CL: 次(cì)
- 排放(pái fàng): emission; discharge; exhaust (gas, etc.)
- 释放(shì fàng): to release; to set free; to liberate (a prisoner); to discharge
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word