Tā lái zhèlǐ fàngsōng de ma?
Did she come here to relax?
Shēnhūxī, ránhòu fàngsōng.
Take a deep breath and relax.
Ràng nǐ de jīròu màn man fàngsōng.
Let your muscles relax
Yīxiē rén tōngguò yuèdú lái fàngsōng.
Some people relax by reading.
Wǒ xiǎng yào ànmó. Wǒ xūyào fàngsōng.
I want a massage. I need to relax.
Jǐngtì xìng shì wàn wàn bùkě fàngsōng de.
You cannot afford to relax your vigilance for a moment.
Stroke Order & Character Components
放(fàng): to release; to free; to let go; to put; to place; to let out; to set off (fireworks)
- 方 (fāng): square, direction
- 攵 (suī): to bump / hand
松 (sōng): pine (tree); CL:棵(kē); to loose; to loosen; to relax
• 木 (mù): tree
• 公 (gōng): public; collectively owned; common; international (e.g. high seas, metric system, calendar); make public; fair; just; Duke, highest of five orders of nobility 五等爵位(wǔ děng jué wèi); honorable (gentlemen); father-in-law; male (animal)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 放
- 放(fàng): to release; to free; to let go; to put; to place; to let out; to set off (fireworks)
- 放心(fàng xīn): to set one’s mind at rest; to be at ease; to rest
- 放弃(fàng qì): to renounce; to abandon; to give up
- 放暑假(fàng shǔjià): take summer vacation
- 放松(fàng sōng): to loosen; to relax
- 播放(bō fàng): to broadcast; to transmit
- 开放(kāi fàng): to lift (a ban or restriction); to open to the outside world (politics); to open for public use; to come into bloom (of flowers)
- 放大(fàng dà): to enlarge; to magnify
- 放射(fàng shè): to radiate; radioactive
- 解放(jiě fàng): to liberate; to emancipate; liberation; refers to the Communists’ victory over the Nationalists in 1949; CL: 次(cì)
- 排放(pái fàng): emission; discharge; exhaust (gas, etc.)
- 释放(shì fàng): to release; to set free; to liberate (a prisoner); to discharge
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word