流行 (liú xíng) English Meaning
- to spread
- to rage (of contagious disease)
- (math.) manifold
Traditional Characters: 流行
流 forms words in:
行 forms words in:
Yuányì zài zhè jǐ nián hěn liúxíng.
Gardening has been popular for some years.
Nàgè liúxíng gēshǒu zìshāle.
The popular singer committed suicide.
Wǎngqiú zài xuéshēng zhōng fēicháng liúxíng.
Tennis is very popular among students.
Qūgùnqiú zài zhōngguó bùshì hěn liúxíng.
Field hockey is not very popular in China.
Zhè shǒu gē zài qīshí niándài hěn liúxíng.
This song was popular in the 1970s.
Duǎnzàn de shíshàng: Liúxíng yīshí de kuángrè.
A short-lived popular fashion: a fad.
Stroke Order & Character Components
流 (liú): to flow; to disseminate; to circulate or spread; to move or drift; to degenerate; to banish or send into exile; stream of water or something resembling one; class, rate or grade
- 氵 (shui): water
- 㐬 (liú): 㐬
行 (xíng): (xíng) to travel; walk; to go; a visit; temporary; makeshift; current; in circulation; to do; to perform; capable; competent; effective; all right; OK!; will do; behavior; conduct; (háng) a row; series; age order (of brothers); profession; professional; relating to company
- 行(xíng): circulate
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 流
- 交流 (jiāo liú): exchange; give-and-take; to exchange; to alternate; communication; alternating current (electricity)
- 流利 (liú lì): fluent
- 流行 (liú xíng): to spread; to rage (of contagious disease); popular; fashionable; prevalent; (math.) manifold
- 流传 (liú chuán): to spread; to circulate; to hand down
- 流泪 (liú lèi): to shed tears
- 轮流 (lún liú): to alternate; to take turns
- 潮流 (cháo liú): tide; current; trend
- 川流不息 (chuān liú bù xī): the stream flows without stopping (idiom); unending flow
- 流浪 (liú làng): to drift about; to wander; to roam; nomadic; homeless; unsettled (e.g. population); vagrant
- 流露 (liú lù): to express; to reveal (one’s thoughts or feelings)
- 流氓 (liú máng): rogue; hoodlum; gangster; immoral behavior
- 流通 (liú tōng): to circulate
- 一流 (yī liú): top quality; front ranking
- 支流 (zhī liú): tributary (river)
- 主流 (zhǔ liú): main stream (of a river); fig. the essential point; main viewpoint of a matter
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 行
- 行李箱(xíng lǐxiāng): suitcase
- 银行(yín háng): bank; CL: 家(jiā), 個|个(gè)
- 自行车(zì xíng chē): bicycle; bike; CL: 辆(liàng)
- 进行(jìn xíng): to advance; to conduct; underway; in progress; to do; to carry out; to carry on; to execute
- 举行(jǔxíng): to hold (a meeting, ceremony, etc.)
- 流行(liú xíng): to spread; to rage (of contagious disease); popular; fashionable; prevalent; (math.) manifold
- 旅行(lǚxíng): to travel; journey; trip; CL: 趟(tàng), 次(cì), 個|个(gè)
- 行(xíng): to walk; to go; to travel; a visit; temporary; makeshift; current; in circulation; to do; to perform; capable; competent; effective; all right; OK!; will do
- 行业(háng yè): industry; business
- 行动(xíng dòng): action; to move; operation; mobile; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 行人(xíng rén): pedestrian; traveler on foot; passer-by; official responsible for arranging audiences with the emperor
- 行为(xíng wéi): behavior; conduct; activity; action
- 发行(fā xíng): to publish; to issue (stocks, currency, etc.); to release; to distribute (a film)
- 航行(háng xíng): to sail; to fly; to navigate
- 行列(háng liè): procession
- 可行(kě xíng): feasible
- 履行(lǚ xíng): to fulfill (one’s obligations); to carry out (a task); to implement (an agreement); to perform
- 逆行(nì xíng): to go the wrong way; to go against one-way traffic regulation;
- 平行(píng xíng): parallel; of equal rank; simultaneous
- 盛行(shèng xíng): to be in vogue; to be prevalent
- 实行(shí xíng): to implement; to carry out; to put into practice
- 外行(wài háng): layman; amateur
- 行政(xíng zhèng): administration; administrative
- 运行(yùn xíng): be in motion; to move; to run
- 执行(zhí xíng): implement; carry out; to execute; to run
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word