Yánsè shēnle xiē.
The colour is a bit too dark.
Zhège dòng duō shēn?
How deep is the hole?
Xuě shēn liǎng yīngchǐ.
The snow is two feet in deep.
Zhège hú yǒu duō shēn?
What is the depth of the lake?
Jī xuě shēn jí xīgài.
The snow was knee deep.
Stroke Order & Character Components
深 (shēn): deep; late; profound; dark (of color, water, etc.); deep
- 氵 (shui): water
- 罙 (shēn): 罙
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 深
- 深 (shēn): deep; late; profound; dark (of color, water, etc.); deep
- 深刻 (shēn kè): profound; deep; deep-going
- 博大精深 (bó dà jīng shēn): wide-ranging and profound; broad and deep
- 根深蒂固 (gēn shēn dì gù): deep-rooted (problem, etc.)
- 深奥 (shēn ào): profound; abstruse; recondite; profoundly
- 深沉 (shēn chén): deep; extreme; dull; low pitched (sound)
- 深情厚谊 (shēn qíng hòu yì): profound friendship
- 资深 (zī shēn): senior (in terms of depth of accumulated experience); deeply qualified