Wǒ ài shēngmìng.
I love life.
Tā zhēnshì shēngmìng.
He holds life dear.
Zhè jiùshì shēngmìng.
This is the life.
Wǒ ài wǒ de shēngmìng.
I love my life.
Shuǐ shì shēngmìng de yuánquán.
Life cannot exist without water.
Xiězuò shì tā de shēngmìng.
Writing is his life.
Stroke Order & Character Components
生 (shēng): to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; raw; uncooked; student
- 生 (shēng): be born
命 (mìng): life; fate; order or command; to assign a name, title, etc.
- 亼 (jí): 亼
- 叩 (kòu): to knock; to kowtow
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 生
- 先生(xiānsheng): Mister (Mr.); husband; doctor (dialect); teacher; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 学生(xuésheng): student; school child
- 医生(yīshēng): doctor; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi), 名(míng)
- 生气(shēngqì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 出生(chūshēng): to be born
- 发生(fāshēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 生活(shēnghuó): life; activity; to live; livelihood
- 生命(shēngmìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生意(shēngyì): life force; vitality;
- 卫生间(wèishēngjiān): bathroom; toilet; WC; CL:间(jiān)
- 产生(chǎnshēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生(huāshēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒(lì)
- 陌生(mòshēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生(rénshēng): human life
- 生产(shēngchǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动(shēngdòng): vivid; lively
- 生长(shēngzhǎng): to grow
- 诞生(dànshēng): to be born
- 生存(shēngcún): to exist; to survive
- 生机(shēngjī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理(shēnglǐ): physiology
- 生疏(shēngshū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态(shēngtài): way of life; ecology
- 生物(shēngwù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生效(shēngxiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖(shēngxiào): animal from the Chinese zodiac; one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支(dìzhī)
- 生锈(shēngxiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育(shēngyù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生(tiānshēng): innate; natural
- 维生素(wéishēngsù): vitamin
- 自力更生(zìlìgēngshēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 命
- 生命 (shēng mìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
HSK 5 Word List
- 命令 (mìng lìng): order; command; CL: 道(dào), 個|个(gè)
- 命运 (mìng yùn): destiny; fate; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 寿命 (shòu mìng): life span; life expectancy
HSK 6 Word List
- 革命 (gé mìng): revolution; revolutionary (politics); CL: 次(cì)
- 命名 (mìng míng): to give a name to; to dub; to christen; to designate; named after; naming
- 拼命 (pīn mìng): to do one’s utmost; with all one’s might; at all costs; (to work or fight) as if one’s life depends on it
- 任命 (rèn mìng): to appoint and nominate
- 使命 (shǐ mìng): mission (diplomatic or other); set task
- 性命 (xìng mìng): life
- 要命 (yào mìng): to cause somebody’s death; very; extremely; frightening; annoying
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word