Shēngyì zhēn nán zuò!
Man is business difficult!
Shēngyì zěnme yàng?
Shēngyì zhèng zǒu xià pō.
Business is going downhill.
Tā de shēngyì shībàile.
He failed in business.
Tāmen yīqǐ zu.Guò shēngyì.
They’ve done some business together.
Nǐ de shēngyì jìnzhǎn rúhé?
How is your business going?
Stroke Order & Character Components
生 (shēng): to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; raw; uncooked; student
- 生 (shēng): be born
意 (yì): idea; meaning; thought; to think; wish; desire; intention; to expect; to anticipate; Italy; Italian; abbreviation for 意大利(Yìdàlì)
- 音 (yīn): sound
- 心 (xīn): heart
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 生
- 先生(xiānsheng): Mister (Mr.); husband; doctor (dialect); teacher; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 学生(xuésheng): student; school child
- 医生(yīshēng): doctor; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi), 名(míng)
- 生气(shēngqì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 出生(chūshēng): to be born
- 发生(fāshēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 生活(shēnghuó): life; activity; to live; livelihood
- 生命(shēngmìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生意(shēngyì): life force; vitality;
- 卫生间(wèishēngjiān): bathroom; toilet; WC; CL:间(jiān)
- 产生(chǎnshēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生(huāshēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒(lì)
- 陌生(mòshēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生(rénshēng): human life
- 生产(shēngchǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动(shēngdòng): vivid; lively
- 生长(shēngzhǎng): to grow
- 诞生(dànshēng): to be born
- 生存(shēngcún): to exist; to survive
- 生机(shēngjī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理(shēnglǐ): physiology
- 生疏(shēngshū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态(shēngtài): way of life; ecology
- 生物(shēngwù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生效(shēngxiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖(shēngxiào): animal from the Chinese zodiac; one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支(dìzhī)
- 生锈(shēngxiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育(shēngyù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生(tiānshēng): innate; natural
- 维生素(wéishēngsù): vitamin
- 自力更生(zìlìgēngshēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 意
- 意思(yì si): idea; opinion; meaning; wish; desire; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 满意(mǎn yì): satisfied; pleased; to one’s satisfaction
- 同意(tóng yì): to agree; to consent; to approve
- 愿意(yuàn yì): to wish; to want; ready; willing (to do something)
- 注意(zhù yì): to take note of; to pay attention to
- 得意(dé yì): proud of oneself; pleased with oneself; complacent
- 故意(gù yì): deliberately; on purpose
- 生意(shēng yì): life force; vitality;
- 意见(yì jiàn): opinion; suggestion; idea; objection; complaint; CL: 点(diǎn), 条(tiáo)
- 主意(zhǔyi): plan; idea; decision; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 称心如意(chèn xīn rú yì): after one’s heart (idiom); gratifying and satisfactory; everything one could wish
- 大意(dà yì): general idea; main idea
- 乐意(lè yì): to be willing to do something; to be ready to do something; to be happy to do something; content; satisfied
- 任意(rèn yì): arbitrary; at will; at random
- 示意(shì yì): to hint; to indicate (an idea to somebody)
- 随意(suí yì): as one wishes; according to one’s wishes; at will; voluntary; conscious
- 特意(tè yì): specially; intentionally
- 玩意儿(wán yì r): toy; plaything; thing; act; trick (in a performance, stage show, acrobatics, etc.)
- 意料(yì liào): to anticipate; to expect; to reckon ahead
- 意识(yì shí): consciousness; awareness; consciously (i.e. deliberately); to be aware
- 意图(yì tú): intent; intention; intend; schematic diagram
- 意味着(yì wèi zhe): to signify; to mean; to imply
- 意向(yì xiàng): disposition
- 意志(yì zhì): will; willpower; determination; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 在意(zài yì): to care about; to mind
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word