Tā yǐ shēnqǐng rùjìng qiānzhèng.
He has applied for an entry visa.
Tā tíchūle líhūn shēnqǐng.
She filed a petition for divorce.
Tā tíchūle rùxué shēnqǐng.
She made an application for admission.
Tā zhèng xiàng lǐngshì shēnqǐng qiānzhèng.
He is applying to the Consul for a visa.
Tā yǐ xiàng yínháng shēnqǐng dàikuǎn.
He has applied to the banker for a loan.
Tā shēnqǐng yáncháng qiānzhèng yǒuxiàoqí.
He asked for an extension of his visa.
Stroke Order & Character Components
申 (shēn): to extend; to state; to explain; 9th earthly branch: 3-5 p.m., 7th solar month (7th August-7th September), year of the Monkey
- 曰 (yuē): to say
- 丨 (gǔn): line
请 (qǐng): to request; to ask; to invite; please (do something); to treat (to a meal, etc.)
- 讠(yán): speech
- 青(qīng): blue/green
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 请
- 请(qǐng): to ask; to invite; please (do something); to treat (to a meal, etc.); to request
- 请假(qǐng jià): ask for time off
- 申请(shēn qǐng): to apply for something; application (form, etc.); CL:份(fèn)
- 邀请(yāo qǐng): to invite; invitation; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 请求(qǐng qiú): to request; request; to ask; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 请柬(qǐng jiǎn): invitation card; written invitation
- 请教(qǐng jiào): consult
- 请示(qǐng shì): ask for instructions
- 请帖(qǐng tiě): invitation card; written invitation
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word