Wǒ de kànfǎ xiāngfǎn.
My opinion is the opposite.
Tāmen wǎng xiāngfǎn de fāngxiàng qù.
They went in opposite directions.
Duìlìmiàn shì xiāngfǎn de rén huò wù.
One that is an opposite.
Jiéguǒ yú wǒmen yùqí de xiāngfǎn.
The results were opposite to what we expected.
Mǎlì bù qióng, xiāngfǎn, tā xiāngdāng fùyù.
Mary is not poor. On the contrary, she is quite rich.
`Bù fāngbiàn’de xiāngfǎn cí shì `fāngbiàn’.
The opposite of “inconvenient” is “convenient”.
Stroke Order & Character Components
相 (xiāng): each other; one another; mutually
- 木 (mù): tree
- 目 (mù): eye
反 (fǎn): contrary; in reverse; inside out or upside down; to reverse; to return; to oppose; opposite; against; anti-; to rebel; to use an analogy; instead; abbr. for 反切(fǎn qiè) phonetic system
- 厂 (chǎng): production facility
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 相
- 相信(xiāng xìn): to believe; to be convinced (that something is true); to accept something as true
- 照相机(zhào xiàng jī): camera; CL: 個|个(gè), 架(jià), 部(bù), 台(tái), 只(zhī)
- 互相(hù xiāng): each other; mutually; mutual
- 相反(xiāng fǎn): opposite; contrary
- 相同(xiāng tóng): identical; same
- 相处(xiāng chǔ): get along with each other
- 相当(xiāng dāng): equivalent to; appropriate; considerably; to a certain extent; fairly
- 相对(xiāng duì): relatively; opposite; to resist; to oppose; relative; vis-a-vis
- 相关(xiāng guān): interrelated; correlation; dependence; relevance; mutuality
- 相似(xiāng sì): to resemble; similar; like; resemblance; similarity
- 不相上下(bù xiāng shàng xià): equally matched; about the same
- 相差(xiāng chà): to differ; discrepancy between
- 相等(xiāng děng): equal; equally; equivalent
- 相辅相成(xiāng fǔxiāng chéng): to complement one another (idiom)
- 相应(xiāng yìng): to correspond; answering (one another); to agree (among the part); corresponding; relevant; appropriate; (modify) accordingly
- 相声(xiàng sheng): comic dialog; sketch; crosstalk
- 真相(zhēn xiàng): the truth about something; the actual facts
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 反
- 反对 (fǎn duì): to fight against; to oppose; to be opposed to; opposition
- 相反 (xiāng fǎn): opposite; contrary
- 反而 (fǎn ér): instead; on the contrary; contrary (to expectations)
- 反复 (fǎn fù): repeatedly; over and over
- 反应 (fǎn yìng): to react; to respond; reaction; response; reply; chemical reaction; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 反映 (fǎn yìng): to mirror; to reflect; mirror image; reflection; fig. to report; to make known; to render; used erroneously for 反应, response or reaction
- 反正 (fǎn zhèng): to put things back in order; to return to the correct path; in any event; come what may; whatever happens (I’m still sure it’s right); anyway
- 违反 (wéi fǎn): to violate (a law)
- 反驳 (fǎn bó): to retort; to refute
- 反常 (fǎn cháng): unusual; abnormal
- 反感 (fǎn gǎn): to be disgusted with; to dislike; bad reaction; antipathy
- 反抗 (fǎn kàng): to resist; to rebel
- 反馈 (fǎn kuì): to send back information; feedback
- 反面 (fǎn miàn): reverse side of something; opposite side of some topic; the other side
- 反射 (fǎn shè): to reflect; reflection (from a mirror etc); reflex (i.e. automatic reaction of organism)
- 反思 (fǎn sī): to think back over something; to review; to revisit; to rethink; reflection; reassessment
- 反问 (fǎn wèn): to ask (a question) in reply; to answer a question with a question; rhetorical question
- 反之 (fǎn zhī): on the other hand…; conversely…
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word