Rén mén yāoqiú jìnzhǐ shǐyòng héwǔqì.
People are demanding a ban on the use of nuclear weapons.
Fǎn héwǔqì zǔzhī yāoqiú jìnzhǐ shǐyòng héwǔqì.
The anti-nuclear weapons group called for a ban on the use of nuclear weapons.
Zuìjìn yǐjīng fābùle jìnzhǐ jìnkǒu dúpǐn de fǎlìng.
A ban on the importation of drugs had been issued recently.
Xíngyī dàodé yǒu guīdìng, jìnzhǐ yīshēng yǔ bìngrén tán liàn’ài.
There are rules against doctors falling in love with patients.
Stroke Order & Character Components
禁 (jìn): to prohibit; to forbid
- 木 (mù): tree
- 示 (shì): to venerate, to show
止 (zhǐ): to stop; to prohibit; until; only
- 止 (zhǐ): to stop
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 止
- 禁止 (jìn zhǐ): to prohibit; to forbid; to ban
- 阻止 (zǔ zhǐ): to prevent; to block
- 不止 (bù zhǐ): incessantly; without end; more than; not limited to
- 防止 (fáng zhǐ): to prevent; to guard against; to take precautions
- 截止 (jié zhǐ): to stop; to close; to put a stop to something; cut-off point; stopping point; deadline
- 迄今为止 (qì jīn wéi zhǐ): so far; up to now; still (not)
- 制止 (zhì zhǐ): to curb; to put a stop to; to stop; to check; to limit
- 终止 (zhōng zhǐ): to stop; to terminate (law)