Jīngjì zhèngzài tíngzhì.
The economy is stagnating.
Jīngjì zài fùsū zhī zhōng.
The economy is picking up.
Tā pīpíng zhèngfǔ de jīngjì lièjì.
She took the government to task over its economic record.
Nín zěnyàng kàn rìběn de jīngjì ne?
What do you think of Japan’s economy?
Néng bǎ jīngjì guǎn hǎo de zhèngfǔ bù duō.
Few governments can manage the economy successfully.
Zhège dǎo de jīngjì yīkào de shì yúyè.
The economy of the island is dependent on the fishing industry.
Stroke Order & Character Components
经 (jīng): to pass through; to undergo; to bear; to endure; classics; sacred book; scripture; warp (textile); longitude; menstruation; channel (TCM); abbr. for economics 經濟|经济(jīng jì)
- 纟 (sī): silk
- ス: unidentified strokes
- 工 (gōng): work
- 巠 (jīng ￼): underground watercourse; archaic variant of 經|经(jīng)
济 (jì): to cross a river; to aid or relieve; to be of help
- 氵 (shui): water
- 齐 (qí): regular
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 经
- 已经(yǐjīng): already
- 经常(jīng cháng): day to day; everyday; daily; frequently; constantly; regularly; often
- 经过(jīng guò): to pass; to go through; process; course; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 经理(jīng lǐ): manager; director; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi),名(míng)
- 经济(jīng jì): economy; economic
- 经历(jīng lì): experience; to experience; to go through; CL: 個|个(gè), 次(Cì)
- 经验(jīng yàn): to experience; experience
- 曾经(céng jīng): once; already; former; previously; ever; (past tense marker used before verb or clause)
- 经典(jīng diǎn): the classics; scriptures; classical
- 经商(jīng shāng): to trade; to carry out commercial activities; in business
- 经营(jīng yíng): to engage in (business, etc.); to run; to operate
- 饱经沧桑(bǎo jīng cāng sāng): having lived through many changes
- 经费(jīng fèi): funds; expenditure; CL: 笔(bǐ)
- 经纬(jīng wěi): warp and woof; longitude and latitude; main points
- 神经(shén jīng): nerve
- 正经(zhèng jing): decent; honorable; proper; serious; according to standards
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word