Tā de zhíyè shì yīshēng.
He is a doctor by profession.
Tāmen shì zhíyè gēshǒu.
They’re professional singers.
Tā de zhíyè shì jīngshāng.
He is a merchant in occupation.
Nín de zhíyè shì shénme?
What is your occupation?
Jiào yīngyǔ shì tā de zhíyè.
Teaching English is his profession.
Qǐng shuōmíng xìngmíng, niánlíng hé zhíyè.
Please state your name, age and occupation.
Stroke Order & Character Components
职 (zhí): duty; job; function
- 耳 (ěr): ear
- 只 (zhǐ): only; merely; just; but
业 (yè): line of business; industry; occupation; job; employment; school studies; enterprise; property; (Buddhism) karma; deed; to engage in; already
- 一(yī): one
- –: unidentified strokes
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 职
- 职业 (zhí yè): occupation; profession; vocation; professional
- 辞职 (cí zhí): to resign
- 兼职 (jiān zhí): to hold concurrent posts; part-time; concurrent job; moonlighting
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 业
- 作业(zuò yè): school assignment; homework; work; task; operation; to operate; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 毕业(bì yè): to graduate; graduation; to finish school
- 职业(zhí yè): occupation; profession; vocation; professional
- 专业(zhuān yè): specialty; specialized field; main field of study (at university); major; professional; CL: 门(mén), 個|个(gè)
- 工业(gōng yè): industry; CL: 种(zhǒng)
- 行业(háng yè): industry; business
- 农业(nóng yè): agriculture; farming
- 企业(qǐyè): company; firm; enterprise; corporation; CL:家(jiā)
- 商业(shāng yè): business; trade; commerce
- 失业(shī yè): unemployment
- 业务(yè wù): vocational work; professionnal work; business CL: 個|个(gè)
- 业余(yè yú): in one’s spare time; outside working hours; amateur; non professional; extra-curricular
- 营业(yíng yè): to do business; to trade
- 产业(chǎn yè): industry; estate; property; industrial
- 创业(chuàng yè): to begin an undertaking; to start a major task; to initiate; to venture; venture
- 兢兢业业(jīng jīng yè yè): cautious and conscientious
- 敬业(jìng yè): to be dedicated to one’s work; to respect one’s work
- 就业(jiù yè): looking for employment; getting a job; to start a career
- 事业(shì yè): undertaking; project; activity; (charitable, political or revolutionary) cause; publicly funded institution, enterprise or foundation; career; occupation; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 物业(wù yè): property; real estate; property management
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word