聚会 (jù huì) English Meaning
- to meet
- to get together
Traditional Characters: 聚會
聚 forms words in:
会 forms words in:
Zhè jùhuì zhēn bàng!
What a great party!
Wǒmen zuó wǎn yǒu yīgè jùhuì.
We had a party last night.
Wǒ jiāojí de zài děngzhe qù jùhuì.
I’m looking forward to the party.
Zhège jùhuì lìng rén dàshīsuǒwàng.
The party was a big let-down.
Zài hùwài jùhuì shì wǒ de zhǔyì.
It’s my idea to hold the party
Stroke Order & Character Components
聚 (jù): to congregate; to assemble; to mass; to gather together; to amass; to polymerize
- 取 (qǔ): to take; to get; to choose; to fetch
- 乑 (zhòng): to stand side by side; variant of 眾|众(zhòng)
会 (huì): can; to be possible; to be able to; will; to be likely to; to be sure to; to assemble; to meet; to gather; to see; union; group; association; CL:個|个[gè]; a moment. Taiwan pronunciation for this sense is huǐ.
- 人 (rén): man
- 云 (yún): cloud; CL:朵 (duǒ)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 会
- 会(huì): can; be possible; be able to; will; be likely to; be sure to; to assemble; to meet; to gather; to see; union; group; association; a moment (Taiwan pronunciation for this sense is huǐ)
- 会议(huì yì): meeting; conference; CL:场(chǎng), 届(jiè)
- 机会(jī huì): opportunity; chance; occasion; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 一会儿(yī huì er): a while
- 聚会(jù huì): party; gathering; to meet; to get together
- 社会(shè huì): society; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 误会(wù huì): to misunderstand; to mistake; misunderstanding; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 约会(yuē huì): appointment; engagement; date; CL: 次(cì), 個|个(gè)
- 会计(kuài jì): accountant; accountancy; accounting
- 体会(tǐ huì): to know (through learning or by experience); to realize; experience; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 宴会(yàn huì): banquet; feast; dinner party; CL: 席(xí), 個|个(gè)
- 博览会(bó lǎn huì): exposition; international fair
- 会晤(huì wù): to meet; meeting; conference
- 聚精会神(jù jīng huì shén): to concentrate one’s attention (idiom)
- 领会(lǐng huì): to understand; to comprehend; to grasp
- 省会(shěng huì): provincial capital
- 协会(xié huì): an association; a society; CL: 個|个(gè), 家(jiā)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word