Gāi biǎoyáng jiù jǐyǔ biǎoyáng.
Give credit where it’s due.
Xiàozhǎng biǎoyáng nán tóngxué fúzhuāng zhěngqí.
The headmaster praised the boys for their neat turn-out.
Pàoshǒu qióngsī shòudàole jiāngjūn de biǎoyáng.
Gunner Jones was praised by the general.
Nǐmen kèfúle zhème dà de kùnnán, zhídé biǎoyáng.
You deserve praise in that you have overcome such difficulties.
Tā fùqīn hěn yánlì, tā cónglái méiyǒu biǎoyángguò tā.
She had a stern father who never praised her.
Stroke Order & Character Components
表 (biǎo): wrist or pocket watch
- 毛 (máo): fur
- 衣 (yī): cloth
扬 (yáng): to raise; to hoist; the action of tossing or winnowing; scattering (in the wind); to flutter; to propagate
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 勿 (wù): do not
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 表
- 手表(shǒu biǎo): wrist watch; CL: 块(kuài), 只(zhī), 個|个(gè)
- 表格(biǎo gé): form; table; CL: 张(zhāng), 份(fèn)
- 表示(biǎo shì): to express; to show; to say; to state; to indicate; to mean
- 表演(biǎo yǎn): play; show; performance; exhibition; to perform; to act; to demonstrate; CL: 场(chǎng)
- 表扬(biǎo yáng): to praise; to commend
HSK 5 Word List
- 表达(biǎo dá): to voice (an opinion); to express; to convey
- 表面(biǎo miàn): surface; face; outside; appearance
- 表明(biǎo míng): to make clear; to make known; to state clearly; to indicate; known
- 表情(biǎo qíng): (facial) expression; to express one’s feelings; expression
- 表现(biǎo xiàn): to show; to show off; to display; to manifest; expression; manifestation; show; display; performance (at work, etc.)
- 代表(dài biǎo): representative; delegate; to represent; to stand for; on behalf of; in the name of; CL: 位(wèi),個|个(gè), 名(míng)
- 发表(fā biǎo): to publish; to issue; to put out; to issue (a statement);
HSK 6 Word List
- 表决(biǎo jué): decide by vote; vote
- 表态(biǎo tài): to declare one’s position; to say where one stands
- 表彰(biǎo zhāng): to honor; to cite (in dispatches); cite (in dispatches); commend
- 外表(wài biǎo): external; outside; outward appearance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word