Yàoshi è, jiù chīfàn.
If you’re hungry, have something to eat.
Yàoshi wǒ shuō “bù” ne?
And what if I say “no?”
Yàoshi mài wánliǎo, jiùsuànle.
If it’s sold out, then just forget it.
Yàoshi cáiyuán bùduàn jiù hǎole!
If only one had an unlimited supply of money!
Yàoshi nǐ bù xǐhuān, jiù bié chī.
If you don’t like it, then don’t eat it.
Yàoshi wǒ shì nǐ, wǒ jiù huì qù.
I would go if I were you.
Stroke Order & Character Components
要 (yào): to demand; to request; to coerce
- 覀 (xī): lid
- 女 (nǚ): woman
是 (shì): to be; yes
- 日 (rì): sun
- 正 (zhèng): just (right); main; upright; straight; correct; positive; greater than zero; principle; to correct; to rectify
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 要
- 要(yào): to want; will; going to (as future auxiliary); important; vital; may; must
- 需要(xū yào): to need; to want; to demand; needs; to require
- 要求(yāo qiú): to request; to require; to stake a claim; to ask; to demand; CL: 点(diǎn)
- 重要(zhòng yào): important; significant; major
- 主要(zhǔ yào): main; principal; major; primary
- 必要(bì yào): necessary; essential; indispensable; required
- 不要紧(bú yào jǐn): unimportant; not serious; it doesn’t matter; never mind; it looks all right; but
- 次要(cì yào): secondary
- 要不(yào bù): otherwise; or; or else; how about…? (one choice or the other); either this, or else…
- 纪要(jì yào): minutes; written summary of a meeting
- 简要(jiǎn yào): concise; brief
- 首要(shǒu yào): the most important; of chief importance
- 要点(yào diǎn): main point; essential
- 要命(yào mìng): to cause somebody’s death; very; extremely; frightening; annoying
- 要素(yào sù): essential factor; key constituent
- 摘要(zhāi yào): summary; abstract
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 是
- 是(shì): to be; yes
- 虽然…; 但是…(suī rán …; dàn shì …): although…still…; even if…nevertheless…
- 可是(kě shì): but; however
- 是否(shì fǒu): whether (or not); if; is or isn’t
- 要是(yào shi): if
- 于是(yú shì): thereupon; as a result; consequently; thus; hence