Call the police.
Jǐngchá huì lái ma?
Will the police come?
Jǐngchá fùzé zhífǎ.
The police are responsible for enforcing law.
Jǐngchá pòmén ér rù.
The police burst through the door.
Jǐngchá jǐn zhuīzhe wǒmen.
The police were on our heels.
Jǐngchá qǐsù tā dàoqiè.
The police accused him of theft.
Stroke Order & Character Components
警 (jǐng): to alert; to warn; police
- 敬 (jìng): to respect; to venerate; to salute; to offer
- 言 (yán): speech (trad)
察 (chá): to examine; to inquire; to observe; to inspect; to look into; obvious; clearly evident
- 宀 (mián): roof
- 祭 (jì): to offer sacrifice; festive occasion
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 警
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 察
- 警察 (jǐng chá): police; policeman; policewoman; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 观察 (guān chá): to observe; to watch; to survey; to examine; observation; view; perspective; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 考察 (kǎo chá): to inspect; to observe and study; on-the-spot investigation
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word