郊区 (jiāo qū) English Meaning
- suburban district
Traditional Characters: 郊區
郊 is only found in HSK 4.
区 forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Tā zhù zài dōngjīng jiāoqū.
He lives in the suburbs of Tokyo.
Wǒ zhù zài dōngjīng jiāoqū.
I live on the outskirts of Tokyo.
- Zài jiāoqū hěn ānjìng.
It’s quiet in the suburbs.
Huǒchē lónglóng dì shǐ chū jiāoqū.
The train rumbled through the suburbs.
Wǒ xǐhuān zhù zài kēbǐ de jiāoqū.
I’d like to live in the suburbs of Kobe.
Stroke Order & Character Components
郊 (jiāo): suburbs; outskirts
- 交 (jiāo): to hand over; to deliver; to pay (money); to turn over; to make friends; to intersect (lines)
- 阝(邑) (fù): city
区 (qū): area; region; district; small; distinguish; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 匚 (fāng): open box
- 乂: unidentified strokes
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 区
- 郊区 (jiāo qū): suburban district; outskirts; suburbs; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 区别 (qū bié): difference; to distinguish; to discriminate; to make a distinction; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 地区 (dì qū): regional; local; district (not necessarily formal administrative unit); region; area; as a suffix to a city name, means prefecture or county (area administered by a prefecture-level city or county-level city); CL: 個|个(gè)
- 区分 (qū fēn): to differentiate; to find differing aspects
- 区域 (qū yù): area; region; district
- 社区 (shè qū): community
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word