重新 (chóng xīn) English Meaning
- once more
Traditional Character: 重新
重 forms words in:
新 forms words in:
Tā bǎ shìqíng gǎo huàile, dé chóngxīn zuòguò.
She screwed up and had to do it all over again.
Nà jiā gōngchǎng bùjiǔ jiù yào chóngxīn kāigōngle.
That factory will soon start up again.
Xiǎngdào hái xū chóngxīn kǎoshì, wǒ jiù gǎndào jǔsàng.
The thought of having to take the exam again depressed me.
Yǒuxiē zuìfàn bèi shìfàng hòu yǒu kěnéng chóngxīn fànzuì.
When they are released, some criminals are likely to offend again.
Ǒurán de xiāngyù shǐ liǎng wèi lǎo péngyǒu chóngxīn jùshǒu.
A chance meeting brought the two old friends together again.
Stroke Order & Character Components
重 (zhòng): heavy; serious; to attach importance to
- 千 (qiān): thousand
- 里 (lǐ): neighborhood
新 (xīn): new; newly; meso- (chemistry)
- 立 (lì): standing up
- 朩 (děng): simplified tree
- 亲 (qīn): parent; one’s own (flesh and blood); relative; related; marriage; bride; close; intimate; in person; first-hand; in favor of; pro-; to kiss
- 斤 (jīn): ax / 500 grams
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 重
- 重要 (zhòng yào): important; significant; major
- 重新 (chóng xīn): again; once more; re-
- 严重 (yán zhòng): serious; severe; critical; grave
- 重 (zhòng): heavy; serious
- 重点 (zhòng diǎn): emphasis; focal point; priority; key; with the emphasis on; focusing on
- 重视 (zhòng shì): to attach importance to something; to value
- 尊重 (zūn zhòng): esteem; respect; to honor; to value something
- 重复 (chóng fù): to repeat; to duplicate; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 重大 (zhòng dà): important; great; major; significant
- 重量 (zhòng liàng): weight; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 保重 (bǎo zhòng): to take care of oneself
- 比重 (bǐzhòng): proportion; specific gravity
- 沉重 (chén zhòng): heavy; hard; serious; critical
- 重叠 (chóng dié): to overlap; to superimpose; to telescope; to run together; to duplicate; one over another; superposition; an overlap; redundancy; reduplication (in Chinese grammar, e.g. 散散步 (sàn sàn bù) to have a stroll)
- 举足轻重 (jǔzú qīng zhòng): a foot’s move sways the balance (idiom); to hold the balance of power; to play the decisive role
- 隆重 (lóng zhòng): grand; prosperous; ceremonious; solemn
- 任重道远 (rèn zhòng dào yuǎn): a heavy load and a long road; fig. to bear heavy responsibilities through a long struggle (cf Confucian Analects, 8.7)
- 慎重 (shèn zhòng): cautious; careful; prudent
- 郑重 (zhèng zhòng): serious
- 重心 (zhòng xīn): center of gravity; central core; main part
- 注重 (zhù zhòng): to pay attention to; to emphasize
- 庄重 (zhuāng zhòng): grave; solemn; dignified
- 着重 (zhuó zhòng): put emphasis on; to stress; to emphasize
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 新
- 新(xīn): new; newly; meso- (chemistry)
- 重新(chóng xīn): again; once more; re-
- 创新(chuàng xīn): innovation; to bring forth new ideas; to blaze new trails
- 更新(gēng xīn): to replace the old with new; to renew; to renovate; to upgrade; to update; to regenerate
- 日新月异(rì xīn yuè yì): daily renewal, monthly change (idiom); every day sees new developments; rapid progress
- 新陈代谢(xīn chén dài xiè): metabolism (biology); the new replaces the old (idiom)
- 新郎(xīn láng): bridegroom; groom
- 新娘(xīn niáng): bride
- 新颖(xīn yǐng): new bud; fig. new and original
- 崭新(zhǎn xīn): brand new
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word