长城 (cháng chéng) English Meaning
- the Great Wall
Traditional Character: 長城
长 forms words in:
城 forms words in:
Zhè yīduàn chángchéng yǒu bā gè duǒkǒu.
There are eight forts in this section of the Great Wall.
Wǒ nán péngyǒu hái méiyǒu qùguò chángchéng.
My boyfriend still hasn’t been to the Great Wall.
Chángchéng yǐ qí yōujiǔ de lìshǐ hé qí xióngwěi zhuànglì érzhe míng.
The Great wall is known for its long history and its magnificence.
Zhōngguó de chángchéng, shìjiè shàng zuì zhǎng de chéngqiáng, xiàng yītiáo jù lóng, wēiyí zài zhōngguó de běibù.
The Great Wall of China, the longest wall in the world, runs across north China like a huge dragon.
Stroke Order & Character Components
长 (cháng): (cháng) length; long; forever; always; constantly (zhǎng) chief; head; elder; to grow; to develop; to increase; to enhance
长 (zhǎng): long
城 (chéng): city walls; city; town; CL: 座(zuò), 道(dào), 個|个(gè)
- 土 (tǔ): earth
- 成 (chéng): to succeed; to finish; to complete; to accomplish; to become; to turn into; to be all right; OK!; one tenth
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 长
- 长(cháng): long; length
- 校长(xiào zhǎng): (college, university) president; headmaster; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi),名(míng)
- 长(zhǎng): elder; senior; to grow; to develop; to come into being; to acquire; to enhance; to increase
- 长途(cháng tú): long distance
- 成长(chéng zhǎng): to mature; to grow; growth
- 生长(shēng zhǎng): to grow
- 延长(yán cháng): to prolong; to extend; to delay
- 长辈(zhǎng bèi): one’s elders; older generation
- 拔苗助长(bá miáo zhù zhǎng): to spoil things through excessive enthusiasm (idiom)
- 董事长(dǒng shì zhǎng): chairman of the board; chairman
- 漫长(màn cháng): very long; endless
- 擅长(shàn cháng): to be good at; to be expert in
- 特长(tè cháng): personal strength; one’s special ability or strong points
- 专长(zhuān cháng): specialty; special knowledge or ability
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word