长江 (cháng jiāng) English Meaning
- Changjiang river
- Yangtze river
Traditional Character: 長江
长 forms words in:
江 is only found in HSK 4.
Chángjiāng shì zhōngguó de jiāotōng yào dào zhī yī.
The Yangtse River is one of the main arteries of traffic in China.
Chángjiāng shì shìjiè shàng zuì zhǎng de héliú zhī yī.
The Changjiang River is one of the longest rivers in the world.
Stroke Order & Character Components
长 (cháng): (cháng) length; long; forever; always; constantly (zhǎng) chief; head; elder; to grow; to develop; to increase; to enhance
长 (zhǎng): long
江 (jiāng): river; CL:條|条(tiáo), 道(dào)
- 氵 (shui): water
- 工 (gōng): work
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 长
- 长(cháng): long; length
- 校长(xiào zhǎng): (college, university) president; headmaster; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi),名(míng)
- 长(zhǎng): elder; senior; to grow; to develop; to come into being; to acquire; to enhance; to increase
- 长途(cháng tú): long distance
- 成长(chéng zhǎng): to mature; to grow; growth
- 生长(shēng zhǎng): to grow
- 延长(yán cháng): to prolong; to extend; to delay
- 长辈(zhǎng bèi): one’s elders; older generation
- 拔苗助长(bá miáo zhù zhǎng): to spoil things through excessive enthusiasm (idiom)
- 董事长(dǒng shì zhǎng): chairman of the board; chairman
- 漫长(màn cháng): very long; endless
- 擅长(shàn cháng): to be good at; to be expert in
- 特长(tè cháng): personal strength; one’s special ability or strong points
- 专长(zhuān cháng): specialty; special knowledge or ability
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word