降落 (jiàng luò) English Meaning
- to descend
- to land
Traditional Characters: 降落
降 forms words in:
落 forms words in:
Fēijī fèngmìng jiàngluò.
The plane was ordered down.
Qǐfēi bǐ jiàngluò róngyì.
Taking off is easier than landing.
Fēijī dào bālí kāishǐ jiàngluò.
The plane began its descent into Paris.
Wǒmen zài hǎishàng jǐnjí jiàngluò.
We made an emergency landing at sea.
Fēijī yīn dà wù tuīchí jiàngluò.
The plane’s landing was delayed because of fog.
Jiàshǐ yuán shǐ fēijī ānquán jiàngluò.
The pilot landed the plane safely.
Stroke Order & Character Components
降 (jiàng): (jiàng) to drop; to fall; to come down; to descend; (xiáng) to surrender; to capitulate; to subdue; to tame
- 阝(阜) (fù): mound
- 夅 (jiàng): old variant of 降(jiàng)
落 (luò): to fall or drop; (of the sun) to set; (of a tide) to go out; to lower; to decline or sink; to lag or fall behind; to fall onto; to rest with; to get or receive; to write down; whereabouts; settlement
- 艹 (cao): vegetable
- 洛 (luò): Luo
PLEASE NOTE: 落 (luò) has 12 strokes. The strokes labeled 1 and 2 should be one stroke but are divided because of the font.
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 落
- 降落 (jiàng luò): to descend; to land
- 落后 (luò hòu): to fall behind; to lag (in technology, etc.); backward; to retrogress
- 丢三落四 (diū sān là sì): forgetful; scatterbrained
- 堕落 (duò luò): to morally degenerate; to become depraved; a fall from grace; a fall into sin or depravity
- 角落 (jiǎo luò): nook; corner
- 冷落 (lěng luò): desolate; unfrequented; to treat somebody coldly; to snub; to cold shoulder
- 落成 (luò chéng): to complete a construction project
- 落实 (luò shí): practical; workable; to implement; to carry out; to decide