Kōngqì sìhū suízhe liàngguāng ér chàndòng.
The air seemed to pulsate with the bright light.
Wǒmen suízhe dǎoyóu cānguānle chéngbǎo.
We went on a guided tour round the castle.
Suízhe tōnghuò péngzhàng de fǎ zhǎn měiyuán biǎnzhíle.
The value of the dollar declines as the rate of inflation rises.
Suí zhuó bìngqíng jiāzhòng, tā de shēntǐ rìjiàn shuāiruò.
She weakened as the illness grew worse.
Suízhe tàiyáng de luòxià, yèwǎn qiāoqiāo de lái dào.
With the setting of the sun, night comes silently.
Suízhe suìyuè de liúshì, wǒ duì tā rìjiàn dànwàng.
As the years slipped by, I thought less about him.
Stroke Order & Character Components
随 (suí): to follow; to comply with; varying according to...; to allow; subsequently
- 阝(阜) (fù): mound
- 迶 (yòu): to walk
着(zhe): particle attached after verb to indicate action in progress, like -ing ending
- ⺶ (rèn): sheep
- 目 (mù): eye
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 随
- 随便 (suí biàn): as one wishes; as one pleases; at random; negligent; casual; wanton
- 随着 (suí zhe): along with; in the wake of; following
- 随身 (suí shēn): to (carry) on one’s person; to (take) with one
- 随时 (suí shí): at any time
- 随手 (suí shǒu): conveniently; without extra trouble; while doing it; in passing
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 着
- 着(zhe): particle attached after verb to indicate action in progress, like -ing ending
- 着急(zháo jí): to worry; to feel anxious
- 接着(jiē zhe): to catch and hold on; to continue; to go on to do something; to follow; to carry on; then; after that; subsequently; to proceed; to ensue; in turn; in one’s turn
- 随着(suí zhe): along with; in the wake of; following
- 沉着(chén zhuó): steady; calm and collected; not nervous
- 意味着(yì wèi zhe): to signify; to mean; to imply
- 着迷(zháo mí): to be fascinated; to be captivated
- 执着(zhí zhuó): attachment; stubborn; be attached to; persistent; persevering
- 着手(zhuó shǒu): to put one’s hand to it; to start out on a task; to set out
- 着想(zhuó xiǎng): to give thought (to others); to consider (other people’s needs)
- 着重(zhuó zhòng): put emphasis on; to stress; to emphasize
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word