Wǒ juédé nánshòu jíle.
I feel awful.
Nǐ shǒushù hòu téng dé hěn nánshòu ma?
Does the pain from your operation bother you much?
Yī xiǎngdào jiào háizi zāozuì wǒ xīnlǐ jiù nánshòu.
It pains me to think of children being made to suffer.
Zài nà duàn shíjiān lǐ yóuyú wǒ de bízi bù tài tōngqì, wǎnshàng chángcháng xǐng lái gǎndào kǒu lǐ hé hóulóng gàn dé nánshòu.
During that time, I often woke up at night with a dry mouth and throat due to a stuffy nose.
Stroke Order & Character Components
难(nán): difficult (to..); problem; difficulty; difficult; not good
- ヌ(yòu): still / hand
- 隹(zhuī): short-tailed bird
受 (shòu): to receive; to accept; to suffer; subjected to; to bear; to stand; pleasant; (passive marker)
- 爫 (zhao): claw
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 难
- 难(nán): difficult (to..); problem; difficulty; difficult; not good
- 难过(nán guò): feel sorry; be grieved
- 困难(kùn nan): (financial, etc.) difficulty; problem; issue; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 难道(nán dào): don’t tell me..; could it be that..?
- 难受(nán shòu): to feel unwell; to suffer pain; to be difficult to bear
- 难怪(nán guài): (it’s) no wonder (that..); (it’s) not surprising (that)
- 难免(nán miǎn): hard to avoid; difficult to escape from
- 艰难(jiān nán): difficult; hard; challenging
- 难得(nán dé): seldom; rare; hard to come by
- 难堪(nán kān): hard to take; embarrassed
- 难能可贵(nán néng kě guì): rare and commendable; estimable
- 为难(wéi nán): feel embarrassed or awkward; to make things difficult (for someone); to find things difficult (to do or manage)
- 灾难(zāi nàn): disaster; catastrophe
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 受
- 接受 (jiē shòu): to accept; to receive
- 难受 (nán shòu): to feel unwell; to suffer pain; to be difficult to bear
- 受不了 (shòu bù liǎo): unbearable; unable to endure; can’t stand
- 受到 (shòu dào): to suffer; obtained; given; to receive
- 承受 (chéng shòu): to bear; to support; to inherit
- 感受 (gǎn shòu): to sense; perception; to feel (through the senses); a feeling; an impression; an experience
- 受伤 (shòu shāng): to sustain injuries; wounded (in an accident, etc.); harmed
- 享受 (xiǎng shòu): to enjoy; to live it up; pleasure; CL: 种(zhǒng)